Sunday, September 8, 2013

Welcome to Felicity, Ohio

Have a look up North Market Street, Felicity, OH 45120. Like so many other small towns, a river doesn't flow through it. There are, according to Google Maps, lots of farm ponds, the Ohio River is not far - over the hill a ways - and East Fork Lake (addressed in older posts) is an easy drive too. There are numerous fields of corn, soybean, and hay fields to see. When I was about 13 or 14, our boy scout troop visited the Nike Missile Base here. It's long since gone. Here, I'm standing in the middle of the road (which is also Ohio State Route 133/222) looking into downtown Felicity. The first time I ever played keyboards in a (what we'd now call a) rock band was at a school dance in the old high-school building. They had an upright piano and I pounded out backup notes like a Jerry Lee Lewis wannabe. Which changed after I discovered Jimmy Smith - then, I was a Jimmy Smith wannabe. I never was very good. Never Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment