Monday, September 16, 2013

Curious Commotion Causing Congestion

Way back when, we used to have "happenings" which were sort of informally planned but superficially spontaneous gatherings - kind of like today's concept of flash mobs; however, this curiosity is not an example. I wish I had some happening examples. The only one I ever went to resulted in my motorcycle being stolen. What's really going on here, I have no recall. I see it as a congested bunch of people and vehicles all of whom are going nowhere fast and, by and large, the people are looking (stupid, confused, bewildered, frightened, intimidated, aggravated, ___________ (insert your own opinion here) at the intersection of Sycamore and 5th Street in Cincinnati, Ohio. There's the old Grayhound Bus Terminal in the background.

I suspect this disruption may have been a side effect caused from a protest or bomb threat, both of which were popular back at that time - 1969. (Posting that sentence probably gets me on today's FBI watch list!) Then again, maybe the Beatles were coming to town. Or Lou Reed who, as I recall, was banned. Check out that antique emergency vehicle! I guess they didn't have Homeland Security bucks to throw around back then.

So, I decided this was a genuine commotion! I figure that because grandma used to say things like "Somebody's raising a commotion down the street!" This may be what she meant. The other image I took is similar, but I ain't gonna show it you. That image has a couple more federal GSA vehicles and police cars than are present in this intersection (here, I count 1 each). It (thereby meaning the other image) has, however, a less interesting composition. So, you can make up your own story about what this commotion is all about. Your story would probably be more interesting than whatever story caused this commotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment